Female Urinary Incontinence treatment in Gurgaon
Suffering from leaky urine condition? Neelkanth Hospitals Private Limited Hospital is one of the best hospitals in Gurgaon for female urinary incontinence treatment and surgery.
Urinary incontinence is the inability of the bladder to control the urine, and it causes the accidental loss of urine. It mostly occurs in females of more than 50 years of age or pregnant women. It affects physical health and has an impact on the emotional and psychological health of the affected individual. Females suffering from urinary incontinence are afraid of going to a place far from the washroom. It is not a lifelong problem but is manageable and treatable.
What causes urinary incontinence?
There are various causes of urine incontinence in women. It is not just an age-related issue but can occur in women of any age group.
Some causes of urine incontinence are as follows-
Pregnancy- During pregnancy, every woman experiences the problem of urine incontinence. It occurs because, as the child grows in the womb, it creates pressure on the pelvic walls, urinary bladder, and the urethra that causes the muscles to become weak and lead to leakage of urine.
Childbirth- Childbirth from vaginal delivery can also cause urinary incontinence, but it goes away after a few weeks of delivery. Urine incontinence mostly occurs in women having vaginal birth because, during vaginal birth, the pressure is exerted on the pelvic muscles and can also damage the nerves of the bladder that causes the loss of bladder control.
Menopause- After menopause, several hormonal changes occur in the female body. These hormonal changes, such as a decrease in the level of estrogen, weaken the urethra. The urethra reserves the urine in the bladder until you want to urinate.
Aging- It is the common cause of urinary incontinence in the female. With aging, the muscles of the urethra lose their strength and become weak. It leads to difficulty in urinary control.
Certain diseases, use of medications can also cause urinary incontinence.
Different types of urinary incontinence-
There are various types of urinary incontinence problems. Some of them are-
Stress incontinence- It is generally caused due to pregnancy, menopause, and labor. Stress incontinence occurs during exercise, coughing, sneezing, and lifting heavy objects that cause pressure in the bladder and leads to involuntary urination. It can be treated by Kegel exercises that help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles.
Urge incontinence- It is caused due to inability to hold urine enough after an urge to urinate. It occurs due to abnormal contraction of the bladder and abnormal nerve signals. Medical conditions like diabetes and hyperthyroidism can also cause this disease. It is also known as overactive bladder. It can be treated by Kegel exercises, which make the bladder strong or retrain the bladder muscles involved with urination.
Functional incontinence- In this condition, a person is unable to reach the restroom due to physical or mental conditions, such as arthritis, Alzheimer's, injury, or disabilities. It also occurs to the old age women who are unable to walk or the women in a wheelchair.
Overflow incontinence- It is caused due to overflow of the bladder that causes the leakage of urine. In this condition, the bladder does not empty, which causes the leakage.
Symptoms of urinary incontinence-
- Inability to control urine
- Involuntary loss of urine
- Urinate frequently
- Leakage of urine during exercise or with movements
- Urinary tract infection
- An uncontrollable urge to urinate
- Urine leakage with coughing, sneezing, or laughing
- Feeling of wetness without the sensation of urine leakage
- Leakage of urine that prevents activities
One must immediately consult with a doctor if one may suffer from the mentioned symptoms as it can also be a sign of another disease. Always consult with an expert for diagnosis.
Diagnosis of the urinary incontinence-
The doctor performs the completed physical examination of the urinary and nervous system and reproductive organs.
- Blood and urine samples test.
- Ultrasound of the abdomen to take pictures of the kidneys, bladder, and urethra.
- Bladder stress test.
- Cystoscopy- To check for damaged tissues.
- Urodynamics- To check the pressure or fluid the bladder can hold.
Symptoms are analyzed, and the sign of health problems that can cause incontinence are also checked.
The doctor also asks the patient to keep a diary for 2-4 days to track when the patient empties their bladder or leak urine that helps determine the cause, and provides effective treatment.
In females, sometimes vaginal infections can also cause temporary incontinence. Sometimes certain medications, constipation, and restricted mobility also cause temporary incontinence.
Urinary incontinence treatment-
Based on the patient's age, and symptoms the treatment plan is created.
- Behavioral therapies- This includes toileting assistance and bladder training.
- Diet modifications- Eliminate the consumption of bladder irritants like caffeine, alcohol, and citrus fruits.
- Pelvic floor electrical stimulation that helps in muscle contraction.
- Kegel exercise- The exercise targets pelvic muscle strength and helps prevent urinary incontinence.
- Medicines- After menopause, certain vaginal creams, patches, and estrogen are provided to strengthen the muscle of the urethra and vaginal area. A stronger urethra helps in bladder control.
- Vaginal pessary- It is a small silicone or plastic device in the shape of a small donut that is put into the vagina. The device pushes against the urethra and vagina wall and supports the pelvic floor muscles, and helps reduce stress incontinence.
- Bulking agents- Collagen is injected into the tissue around the bladder and urethra that causes them to thicken and keep the bladder opening closed and reduce the amount of urine leak out.
- Surgery- The procedure is not recommended if one plans to get pregnant in the future. Future pregnancy and childbirth can cause urinary leakage again.
- Retropubic suspension- The procedure uses sutures to support the bladder neck. The most common procedure is the Burch procedure. In this procedure, the surgeon makes an incision in the abdomen below the navel and then sutures the thread to make the ligaments strong within the pelvis, supporting the urethral sphincter. Sometimes the sling procedures are also performed by vaginal incision.
Suffering from female urinary incontinence? Consult with an expert gynecologist and urologist in Gurgaon for the management and treatment of urinary incontinence and other pelvic conditions in women.
Why choose Neelkanth Hospitals Private Limited for Female Urinary Incontinence Treatment in Gurgaon?
- Short hospital stay
- Minimal scarring
- Affordable treatment
- Treatment provided by experts
- Proper follow-up
- Sanitized rooms
- High equipped operating rooms
- Modern equipment
- State of art protocols
- Best team of urologists and gynecologists provides the treatment.
Encouraging those with urinary incontinence to drink more water may seem counterproductive, but it can actually help them. Some people are normally tempted to drink less water and other fluids to reduce the need to urinate frequently. Get a consultation in our hospital for the relevant cost of urinary incontinence treatment in Gurgaon.
Neelkanth hospital has the best doctor for female urinary incontinence treatment in Gurgaon. My husband’s friend suggested to visit Neelkanth hospital for Female Urinary Incontinence treatment in Gurgaon for which I was advised to get admitted by other urologists but Neelkanth hospital doctor has treated me by medication without admitting me. The doctor gives 100% attention to his patients without any hurry. I would recommend him in the first place. Neelkanth hospital has a wonderful doctor with a very good experience, knowledge, and ethics and they don't have a high cost of urinary incontinence treatment in Gurgaon!
My experience was very good in every service offered by the hospital, specially services in comparison of other hospitals. Very good Infrastructure & Staff is very cooperative with patients & their family members.
We are grateful for all you did to make our dream become a reality! We thank you for going the extra mile to coordinate everything.
We want to thank you again for everything you did for us through this journey - your caring and kindness, your professionalism and support.
Neha Singh Bhati
I would like to express my deepest appreciation to Dr. Bindu Garg and his team for creating a pleasant and friendly atmosphere for their patients. And, I would like to encourage those women who are stressed by their inabililty to have a baby.