Gallbladder Stones Treatment in Gurgaon
Are you experiencing symptomatic gallstones? Neelkanth Hospitals Private Limited, Gurgaon provides a number of different treatment options to cure the problem.
Gallstones are tiny stone-like particles developed in the gallbladder. They form when excessive cholesterol or bilirubin is deposited in the gallbladder and gets hardened. The gallstones vary in size from a tiny grain of sand to a golf ball-sized. One can have a single large stone, and some may have more than hundreds of tiny stones in their bladder. The small stones cause the most trouble as they leave the gallbladder, and larger stones can block the duct that carries the bile juice, and this can cause life-threatening infection into the bile duct, pancreas, and liver.
Gallstones generally remain undiagnosed because many people who have gallstones do not experience any distress.
Gallstones form in the gallbladder or bile ducts and occur in the form of solid lumps. They are also termed cholelithiasis and form when the digestive juice bile turns into stone.
The function of Gallbladder and Bile Juice
The gallbladder is a small-pear-shaped organ that stores and releases bile juice to digest fats. The bile juice contains cholesterol, bilirubin, water, bile acids that aid in the breakdown and digestion of fat and help to absorb the fat-soluble vitamins. The organ is situated below the liver and is part of the biliary system, and helps in the transportation of bile juice and digestive enzymes.
Where do gallstones develop?
Gallstones usually develop in the gallbladder. The small stones travel along with bile juice and present at the common bile duct. These small stones stuck in the bile duct block it, which causes digestive enzymes to trap in the bile duct and results in an infection called cholangitis.
The larger stones remain in the bile duct but cause pain when the gallbladder responds to fatty meals.
The gallstones are removed surgically by laparoscopy, which is a painless surgery and does not cause any infection, and stones that are present in the common bile duct are removed without any surgery.
What are gallstones made up?
The gallstones are formed by the hardening of cholesterol and bilirubin present in the bile.
There are two types of gallstones
- Cholesterol- These yellow-colored stones are formed due to excessive cholesterol in the blood. These are formed when the liver produces an excessive amount of cholesterol that the bile enzymes cannot dissolve. The excessive cholesterol precipitated and resulted in gallstones. It is the most common gallstones than other types.
- Bilirubin (pigment stones)-They are formed when excessive bilirubin is present in the blood. It occurs due to some blood disorder that leads to leakage of bilirubin in the blood and causes yellowness in the skin and eyes (jaundice).
- Some stones develop due to improper functioning of the gallbladder. The gallbladder is unable to empty bile, which results in the accumulation and concentration of bile in the gallbladder that results in the formation of the stone.
Warning signs of gallbladder problems-
In most cases, the gallstones do not show any signs and symptoms, but the common symptom of gallbladder stones are-
- Dark yellow-colored urine due to the presence of bilirubin.
Pain in the right shoulder
Pain in the back between the shoulder blades
Steady, severe pain in the upper belly area
- Acute pain in the stomach
- Nausea and vomiting
- Jaundice( yellow-colored skin and eyes)
- Repeated pain can last around 15 minutes to several hours.
- High fever
- Appetite loss
- Clay-colored stools
The symptoms of gallstones may look like other health problems. It is recommended to consult a doctor if one experiences any of the mentioned symptoms.
- Hepatobiliary scintigraphy or cholescintigraphy
- Blood tests- check for infection, jaundice, and liver problems
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- CT scan
Based on the patient's age, symptoms, and characteristics of the gallstones, the treatment is provided. The goal of the treatment is to relieve symptoms and prevent complications.
Treatment for Gallstones
Interfere with the development of stones in the gallbladder and also work by dissolving the stones. The treatment is the best option for people who have small, non-calcified cholesterol stones and in the case when the gallbladder is functioning normally.
Cholecystectomy surgical treatment
This surgery is performed to remove the gallbladder and surgical option to cure symptomatic gallstones.
The surgeon makes a few small incisions in the abdomen area compared to the traditional surgery cut.
Then a video camera and laparoscope is inserted through the incision. The gallbladder is then removed, and the incision is closed with stitches.
The best thing about laparoscopic treatment is early recovery, short hospital stay, and less pain.
High-energy sound waves
This is a nonsurgical alternative for removing gallstones, and in this treatment, high-energy sound waves are used to fracture and disintegrate the gall stones. This is performed to remove small gallstones.
This treatment is performed in severe cases when the surgery cannot be performed. During the procedure, the doctor opens the gallbladder, dilates the tract, and removes the stones from the gall bladder using a device called a cholecystoscope. This treatment is also performed using the dissolution therapy approach.
Why choose Neelkanth Hospitals Private Limited for Gall Bladder Stone Treatment & Surgery?
- Best specialists for gallstones
- Painless treatment of stones in gallbladder
- Gallbladder laparoscopic surgery
- Treatment provided by experts
- Sort hospital stay
- Minimal scarring
- Affordable treatment
- Enhanced recovery
- Proper follow-up
- Sanitized rooms
- High equipped operating rooms
- Modern equipment
- State of art protocols
- Follow international protocol
- Top class treatment & surgery
Treatment done: Orthopedics
My experience was very good in every service offered by the hospital, specially services in comparison of other hospitals. Very good Infrastructure & Staff is very cooperative with patients & their family members.
Treatment done: Gynaecology
We are grateful for all you did to make our dream become a reality! We thank you for going the extra mile to coordinate everything.
Treatment done: Urology
We want to thank you again for everything you did for us through this journey - your caring and kindness, your professionalism and support.
Neha Singh Bhati
Treatment done: Gynaecology
I would like to express my deepest appreciation to Dr. Bindu Garg and his team for creating a pleasant and friendly atmosphere for their patients. And, I would like to encourage those women who are stressed by their inabililty to have a baby.