Kidney Stones Treatment in Gurgaon
Neelkanth Hospitals Private Limited is one of the best hospitals in Gurgaon that offers the best treatment and surgery for kidney stones using minimally invasive techniques.
Kidneys are one of the most important organs in the human body that filter out the waste and fluid from the blood and make urine. Sometimes, due to the lack of fluid in the blood, waste build-up and stick together in the kidneys and form clumps of waste that are termed as kidney stones. A stone is a hard crystalline mineral material that is present with the urinary tract or the kidneys. The medical term for kidney stones is nephrolithiasis.
Symptoms of stones in the kidney
If one has very small kidney stones, they move out of the kidney through the urinary tract and cause no symptoms. If the kidney stone is larger, it causes the following symptoms-
- Pain in the back or lower abdomen area
- Urine that smells bad or looks cloudy
- A burning feeling when you urinate
- Pain while urinating
- Blood in the urine
If one is suffering from these symptoms, it is important to contact a doctor to diagnose the causative agent.
Causes and risk factor of kidney stones
Anyone at any age can get kidney stones. Men are more prone to get kidney stones than women. One is more likely to have a kidney stone if-
- One has kidney stone before
- Family history of kidney stones
- People who don't drink enough water
- Eat a high protein diet, sodium, and sugar.
- Suffering from obesity and is also overweight
- Suffering from polycystic kidney disease
- Consume diuretics and calcium-based antacids
- Do not perform any type of physical activity.
- Consume a lot of junk food
- Follows unhealthy lifestyle
Tips that help prevent kidney stones.
- Drink enough amounts water and fluids
- Limit the consumption of sodium, protein (meat, eggs) in the diet
- Perform routine physical activities
One should never start or stop any treatment without the doctor's consultation.
Kidney stones types
Uric stones- They are formed when the urine is too acidic. Uric acid can form stones with or without the help of calcium.
Cystine stones- They are made up of natural chemical present in the body cystine. They occur very rarely and are caused by a genetic disorder.Calcium stones: They are the most common types of kidney stones and are made up of calcium and oxalate or sometimes phosphate.
Struvite stones- They are formed when there is an infection of the urinary tract, in which certain bacteria make ammonia that builds up in the urine. The stones of struvite are composed of ammonium, magnesium, and phosphate.
The kidney stones can be small as a grain of sand and can be large, just like a pearl's size. The stone can stay in the kidney and can travel through the uterus and come out of the body through urine. Sometimes the stone also gets stuck in the urinary tract. It can block the urine from getting through, and this condition can be very painful and discomforting.
What increases the risk of getting kidney stones?
- Medical cognition such as gout and people who consume supplements are also at high risk of developing a kidney stone.
- A chronic condition like diabetes and high blood pressure also increases the risk of getting kidney stones.
- People with inflammatory bowel disease are also more likely to develop kidney stones.
If one experiences severe pain in their tummy or one side of their back that comes and goes suddenly, it signifies passing a kidney stone.
Diagnosis of the kidney stones
- The doctor will perform a physical exam, blood test, kidney function test, and tests for the presence of crystals in urine.
- Imaging tests, like a CT scan, is also performed to observe the stones or a blockage in the urinary tract.
- Urinalysis to see crystals and look for red blood cells in urine
- Examination of the stone to determine the type
- Blood tests help to check calcium, phosphorus, uric acid, and electrolyte levels.
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP).
- Kidney ultrasound.
- Retrograde pyelogram.
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water to produce a large amount of urine that helps to pass out the stones.
- For pain management- Over-the-counter pain medicines are provided
- Certain medications are provided to prevent stones from forming, and it also helps in the breakdown and removes the material that is the causative agent for forming a stone.
It is performed in the case when the stone is too large, growing, causing pain, blocking the flow of urine, and causing kidney damage.
Non-invasive kidney stone removal treatment
Lithotripsy - The treatment uses sound and shock waves to break the stones into a tiny fragment. The treatment removes stones slightly smaller than one and a half inches and is located in the ureter or the kidneys.
Instrument - In this procedure, a special instrument is passed by making a small surgical cut through the skin on the back area. The stone is removed using a tube called an endoscope.
The Ureteroscopy method is used to remove the stone from the lower urinary tract, and it uses lasers to break the stone.
Another surgery is nephrolithotomy; it is performed when other procedures do not offer successful results.
If one does not get the kidney stones treatment at the time, then one may be at increased risk of getting Urinary tract infection and kidney damage or scarring, and sometimes the stone also causes the obstruction of the ureter.
Why choose Neelkanth Hospitals Private Limited for Kidney Stone Removal Treatment in Gurgaon?
- Short hospital stay
- Painless removal of Kidney Stones
- Laser treatment available
- No cuts, no stitches
- Minimal scarring
- Affordable treatment
- Treatment provided by experts
- Proper follow-up
- Sanitized rooms
- High equipped operating rooms
- Modern equipment
- State of art protocols
- The best team of urologists and experts provides the treatment.
Common symptoms of kidney stones include sharp, spasm pain in the back and arms. This feeling often goes to the lower abdomen or waist. The pain often starts suddenly and comes in waves. It can come and go as the body tries to get rid of the stone. For taking the best consultancy and to get the best cost of kidney stones treatment in Gurgaon visit Neelkanth hospital once.
Neelkanth hospital is one of the best hospitals for kidney stones in Gurgaon. As my grandfather is suffering from a kidney stone we visited many doctors but nothing helped me out and the problem remains the same but after some time my neighbor suggested that I visit Neelkanth hospital for kidney stones treatment in Gurgaon. I visited the hospital and met the doctor. I must say that Neelkanth hospital is having a perfectionist doctor and no one is money minded here. They understand your financial situation and offer you relevant costs of kidney stone treatment in Gurgaon. They cured all the problems and now my grandfather is free from all pain.
My experience was very good in every service offered by the hospital, specially services in comparison of other hospitals. Very good Infrastructure & Staff is very cooperative with patients & their family members.
We are grateful for all you did to make our dream become a reality! We thank you for going the extra mile to coordinate everything.
We want to thank you again for everything you did for us through this journey - your caring and kindness, your professionalism and support.
Neha Singh Bhati
I would like to express my deepest appreciation to Dr. Bindu Garg and his team for creating a pleasant and friendly atmosphere for their patients. And, I would like to encourage those women who are stressed by their inabililty to have a baby.