Laparoscopic appendectomy treatment in Gurgaon
Appendectomy is the procedure performed for the removal of the appendix. The surgery is performed when there is an inflammation in the appendix called appendicitis. The appendix is a narrow, tube-like organ that is connected at the beginning of the large intestine. This organ is located on the right side of the belly-button. The appendix function is not known so far and is considered a vestigial organ. However, it is believed that it helps in the recovery of infection of the small intestines. The inflamed appendix needs to be removed because it can burst and causes a life-threatening infection called ‘peritonitis’. The inflamed appendix is removed by laparoscopic surgery as it is a minimally invasive surgery and has a short recovery time.
Laparoscopic Appendix Removal (Appendectomy) Surgery in Gurgaon is performed by expert general surgeon and physician at Neelkanth Hospitals Private Limited using the minimally invasive laparoscopic treatment. Many people have undergone the Appendectomy treatment at Neelkanth Hospitals and achieve safe and successful results.
Why is an appendectomy performed?
Appendectomy is performed for the removal of an inflamed appendix. The appendix inflammation occurs when stool or bacteria is clogged inside the opening of the appendix. The clogged material results in swelling and inflammation and allows bacteria to multiply rapidly. The multiplying bacteria aggregates inside the organ and leads to the formation of pus. The aggregation of bacteria and pus causes pain around the belly button and the right section of the lower abdomen. One can also experience nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea due to appendicitis.
If appendicitis remains untreated, then the appendix might get ruptured, and the bacteria and faecal matter released into the abdominal sac that can cause a life-threatening infection called peritonitis. So, it is necessary to perform an appendectomy to prevent yourself from any further complications.
Symptoms of appendicitis
- Stomach pain
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
- Swelling in the abdomen
- Loss of appetite
The laparoscopic procedure of appendectomy
Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive technique that does not require any large incision. It is a quick procedure and is not infectious. The laparoscopic appendectomy procedure has a short recovery time. In this procedure, three incisions are made into the abdomen, and then a long tube called a 'laparoscope' including a camera and a light source is inserted through one of the incisions. The camera helps the doctor to view inside the abdomen into the T.V. monitor. The appendix is removed through one of the other incisions.
- General anaesthesia is administered to the patient to make them fall asleep during the entire procedure.
- Two or three small incisions are made near the belly button. From this incision, a small device called a port is inserted. This port creates a route for the filling of carbon-dioxide gas into the abdomen. The gas inflates the abdomen and aids in the clear visibility of the organs.
- Then the camera is inserted through one of the incisions. The camera helps the surgeon to perform surgery easily while looking at the television monitor.
- Various instruments needed for the surgery are also inserted through other incisions.
- When the surgeon finds the appendix, they clip it and remove it from the large intestine. The appendix is removed from one of the incisions.
- After the removal of the appendix, the surgeon then also releases air from the abdomen.
- The incisions are closed with the aid of stapling devices, sutures, and stitches. The sutures are dissolved on their own. While the stitches need to cut after the wound is completely healed.
How to prepare for Laparoscopic Appendectomy?
For the Laparoscopic appendectomy, one should follow all the instructions given by the surgeons
- Avoid eating before 8 hours of the procedure because the food can enter the lungs and may cause other complications. An empty stomach also helps the surgeon to see clearly inside the abdomen.
- Also avoid taking specific blood-thinning medication before the surgery to avoid bleeding during the surgery.
What happens after the surgery?
- After surgery, one can go home on the same day or a day after the surgery.
- One may experience pain in their shoulders. The pain in the shoulders is due to the carbon-dioxide that goes away after 24 to 48 hours of the surgery.
- One also experiences pain in the incisions site or abdominal muscles, and this can be managed with pain medications.
- One may feel nausea or urge to vomit after the surgery. It is generally due to the anaesthesia, which is given during the surgery.
- The doctor may also suggest some exercises or may recommend walking to make the body active. Avoid doing the activity that makes one tired.
- One can drive after 24 hours of the surgery.
The right candidate for laparoscopic appendectomy
Laparoscopic appendectomy is a better option than an open appendectomy. However, Laparoscopic appendectomy is not suitable for everyone. Here are some reasons for having a laparoscopic appendectomy-
- If the inflammation in the appendix is low then, you are the right candidate for the laparoscopic appendectomy.
- If the patient's appendix is not burst. If it is ruptured, the doctor will opt for an open appendectomy, which is performed to prevent infection spread in other organs.
- If one is not overweight, then you are the right candidate for laparoscopic appendectomy.
If one has other complications other than mentioned above, then the doctor will perform an open appendectomy.
Advantages of laparoscopic appendectomy
The laparoscopic procedure of appendix removal has several advantages over open surgery. Some of the advantages are-
- No scarring.
- Lesser time will be spent in the hospital.
- Recovery time is short.
- Lesser use of painkillers.
- Healing is quick.
- The risk of infections is low.
Why choose Neelkanth Hospitals Private Limited for Laparoscopic appendectomy treatment in Gurgaon?
- Short hospital stay
- Minimal scarring
- Affordable treatment
- Proper follow-up
- Sanitized rooms
- High equipped operating rooms
- Modern equipment
- State of art protocols
- Expert surgeon perform the treatment
If the appendix bursts, bacteria and particles within the organ can spread to your stomach. This can lead to a serious infection called peritonitis. You can also develop an abscess if your appendix explodes. Both are life-threatening conditions that require immediate surgery. Visit our clinic for the best treatment and reasonable cost of Laparoscopic appendectomy treatment in Gurgaon.
Complete team of the best hospital for Laparoscopic appendectomy treatment in Gurgaon providing latest technology. Laparoscopic appendectomy surgery with good results and excellent support and post operative care. Team is accessible 24 hours. Thanks to Neelkanth hospital.
Neelkanth is a fine example of the best hospital for Laparoscopic appendectomy treatment in Gurgaon. Neelkanth hospital is having a very humble, honest and no money minded doctor they offer best care with best cost of Laparoscopic appendectomy treatment in Gurgaon. I don't think we can find a doctor more sincere than Neelkanth doctors 'these days'. They operated my father for a laparoscopic appendectomy. We were lucky to find him. Highly recommended. Thank you Doctor.
My experience was very good in every service offered by the hospital, specially services in comparison of other hospitals. Very good Infrastructure & Staff is very cooperative with patients & their family members.
We are grateful for all you did to make our dream become a reality! We thank you for going the extra mile to coordinate everything.
We want to thank you again for everything you did for us through this journey - your caring and kindness, your professionalism and support.
Neha Singh Bhati
I would like to express my deepest appreciation to Dr. Bindu Garg and his team for creating a pleasant and friendly atmosphere for their patients. And, I would like to encourage those women who are stressed by their inabililty to have a baby.