Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Treatment in Gurgaon
Cholecystectomy is the surgical procedure performed to remove the diseased or infected gallbladder. The gallbladder is a small-pear-shaped organ that stores and releases bile juice to digest fat. Bile juice contains cholesterol and bilirubin. The organ is situated just below the liver and is part of the biliary system. It helps in the transportation of bile juice and other digestive enzymes. A cholecystectomy is recommended if one is having complications like gallstones in the gallbladder, the bile duct, inflammation in the gallbladder, inflammation in the pancreas due to gallstones, and perforated gallbladder. Gallstones are tiny stone-like particles developed in the gallbladder. They form when excessive cholesterol or bilirubin is deposited in the gallbladder and gets hardened.
Earlier, doctors used to make a large cut in the belly area to remove the gallbladder, and this surgery is called open surgery. Now with laparoscopic surgery, a tiny instrument called a laparoscope makes just a few small cuts to remove the gallbladder.
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Treatment in Gurgaon is performed by an expert surgeon at Neelkanth Hospitals Private Limited in a safe and sanitized environment to successfully remove the gallbladder.
Why is cholecystectomy performed?
It is performed to treat the diseases of the gallbladder and sometimes the pancreas. The removal of the gallbladder is necessary for treating some problems, such as:
- Cholecystitis- This is an inflammatory condition that occurs when the gallstones block the gallbladder so that it cannot get empty. It causes severe pain and fever. If it remains untreated, then the gallbladder may rupture.
- Blockage of common bile duct- This occurs when the gallstones get stuck in the bile duct and block the bile flow to the small intestine and liver. It may cause fever and yellowing of the skin.
- Cholelithiasis- This problem occurs when the gall stones remain in the gallbladder. They generally cause no pain but may cause frequent or severe pain.
- Blockage of the pancreatic duct- The gallstones can travel down from the gallbladder to the pancreatic duct and might get stuck in the duct. That may cause inflammation in the pancreas, known as pancreatitis. Pancreatitis may result in severe pain in the abdomen.
- Perforated gallbladder- The gall bladder might get perforated and ruptured. The gall bladder's content might get released and can spread over the other organs and can cause severe inflammation.
- Gallbladder mass- It is caused due to the development of cancer in the gallbladder.
Symptoms of the Gallbladder infection or disease-
- Dark yellow-colored urine due to the presence of bilirubin.
- Acute pain in the stomach
- Nausea and vomiting
- Jaundice (yellow-colored skin and eyes)
- Repeated pain can last around 10 minutes to several hours.
- Pain under the right shoulder
- High fever
- Appetite loss
- Clay-colored stools
Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive technique that does not require any large incision. It is a quick procedure and is not infectious. The cholecystectomy can also be done by Laparoscopic procedure and has a short recovery time. In this procedure, three or more incisions are made into the abdomen, and then a long tube called a laparoscope containing a camera and a light source is inserted through one of the incisions. The camera transmits the pictures of the inside of the abdomen to a video screen. The gallbladder is removed through one of the other incisions.
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
- General anesthesia is administered to the patient to make them fall asleep during the entire procedure. A tube is then placed in the patient's throat connected to the ventilator to help them breathe.
- Two or three small incisions are made near the belly button. From this incision, a small device called a port is inserted. This port creates a route for the filling of carbon-dioxide gas into the abdomen. The gas inflates the abdomen and aids in the clear visibility of the organs.
- Then, the camera is inserted through one of the incisions. The camera helps the surgeon to perform surgery easily while looking at the television monitor.
- Various instruments needed for the surgery are also inserted through other incisions by looking at the video screen.
- A dye is inserted via a catheter to locate any gallstones present in the bile duct, and an X-ray is also taken. After that, the gall bladder is clipped and removed from one of the incisions.
- After the removal of the gallbladder, the surgeon then also releases air from the abdomen.
- Then, the cuts are closed with the aid of stapling devices, sutures, and stitches. The sutures are dissolved on their own. While the stitches need to be removed after the wound is completely healed.
How to prepare for laparoscopic cholecystectomy treatment?
For laparoscopic cholecystectomy, the surgeon performs some tests and checkups beforehand to ensure that one is healthy enough for the procedure, such as blood tests, physical examination, medical history, and imaging tests of the gallbladder.
The doctor also provides some instructions that one needs to follow before the surgery. Such as-
- Avoid the consumption of certain blood-thinning medications.
- One should not eat or drink before four to eight hours of the surgery. It is because the food might enter the lungs and can cause other complications.
- The doctors also suggest patients to use antibacterial soap before or on the day of the surgery.
- After surgery, the patient can go home on the same day or a day after the surgery.
- One can experience pain in their shoulders. The pain in the shoulders is due to the carbon-dioxide gas that goes away after 2-3 days of the surgery.
- One can also experience pain at the incision site or abdominal muscles.
- One may feel nausea or urge to vomit after the surgery. It is generally due to the anesthesia injected during the surgery.
- The doctor may also suggest some exercises or may recommend walking to make the body active. One should avoid doing the activity which makes one tired.
Advantages of laparoscopic gallbladder surgery
- Less pain than open surgery
- Smaller incision
- Quicker recovery than open surgery
If the gallbladder has a lot of damage, one has obesity, and the risk of bleeding problems during the surgery, then the surgeon switches to open surgery for gallbladder removal.
Why choose Neelkanth Hospitals Private Limited for Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Treatment in Gurgaon?
- Short hospital stay
- Minimal scarring
- Affordable treatment
- Enhanced recovery
- Proper follow-up
- Sanitized rooms
- High equipped operating rooms
- Modern equipment
- State of art protocols
- Follow international protocol
- Top class treatment & surgery
- Treatment provided by experts
Start by going for a longer walk than you had the day before. Gradually increase the walking time. Walking improves blood circulation and aids in the prevention of pneumonia and constipation. Until the doctor says it's safe, avoid strenuous exercises like bicycling, jogging, weight training, or aerobic exercise. Get the best cost of laparoscopic cholecystectomy treatment in Gurgaon at Neelkanth hospital.
My grandmother was having some problem in his stomach which was not detected via several attempts of ultrasound and X-ray, later we went to Neelkanth hospital and they offered us to have laparoscopic cholecystectomy treatment in Gurgaon that proved successful and my grandmother got the medication according to diagnosis. Thanks! I would recommend Neelkanth Hospital for laparoscopy as they also offer the best cost of laparoscopic cholecystectomy treatment in gurgaon.
I lived in Sushant Lok, Gurgaon, and was searching for the best hospital for laparoscopic cholecystectomy treatment in Gurgaon for me as I get severe pain very often in my stomach but no medicines and other treatment proved successful. I saw Neelkanth hospital in my Google searches, and I contacted them; now the real problem has been identified, and I’m undergoing treatment from the best doctors.
My experience was very good in every service offered by the hospital, specially services in comparison of other hospitals. Very good Infrastructure & Staff is very cooperative with patients & their family members.
We are grateful for all you did to make our dream become a reality! We thank you for going the extra mile to coordinate everything.
We want to thank you again for everything you did for us through this journey - your caring and kindness, your professionalism and support.
Neha Singh Bhati
I would like to express my deepest appreciation to Dr. Bindu Garg and his team for creating a pleasant and friendly atmosphere for their patients. And, I would like to encourage those women who are stressed by their inabililty to have a baby.