What is breast cancer?
Breast Cancer is a disease wherein the breast cells grow rapidly and out of control. It can start in any of the different parts of the breast such as the milk lobules, milk ducts or connective tissue, though most cancers develop in the lobules or ducts.
Breast cancer can proliferate to other parts of the body via blood vessels or lymph vessels. Metastasis of the cancer is one of the biggest risks associated with breast cancer. Depending on the place of origin, breast cancer can either be invasive lobular carcinoma or invasive ductal carcinoma.
Why does it need treatment?
As breast cancer can easily metastasize to other parts of the body, its treatment is urgent and important for continued health. It is one of the most prevalent diseases in young women today. There are almost 1,00,000 women in India that are suffering from breast cancer.
The cancer is genetically linked, as such most women inherit it from their parents and so on and so forth. As such, early detection of cancer before it has metastasized to other parts of the body is much more necessary. Early detection of cancer can be done via regular self examination and mammography investigations.
There are many stigmas attached to breast cancers, as such many women hesitate to come forward, even after the cancer has been diagnosed. This makes spreading cancer awareness even more necessary for its treatment to happen.
How is breast cancer treated?
Cancer treatment is a very painful and rigorous process. It can be quite stressful for the patient. Some of the best cancer treatment procedures are:-
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is done by giving the patients drugs or medicines either orally or intravenously that can kill or shrink the cancer cells in order to reduce the tumor size.
- Radiation Therapy: Radiation therapy uses high energy radiation to kill off the cancerous cells and shrink the tumor.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone Therapy blocks the hormones that are needed by the tumor cells to grow, thereby stopping the tumor from growing.
- Biological Therapy: Under biological therapy, the oncologist boosts the immune system using various methods in order to help fight off the cancerous cells and reduce the side effects of other cancer treatments.
- Surgery: It is usually the final step in the cancer treatment process, where the shrunken tumor is resected from the breasts to help the healthy cells to proliferate.
- Aesthetic Procedure: After a tumor has been resected, most women need to undergo aesthetic surgery and get breast implants. This is also an important part of the cancer treatment as it is necessary in the patient's rehabilitation process.
Why come to Neelkanth Hospital?
Neelkanth Hospital is one of the best hospitals for breast cancer treatment in Gurgaon. It has an extensive well furnished and well equipped oncology department. The hospital has spared no expense in designing the cancer wards to increase the patient’s comfort while they are undergoing the treatment.
Along with this, the oncologists in the cancer department are all very knowledgeable, expert and experienced in providing cancer treatment. They are constantly working hard in order to provide the best possible level of care to all patients.
In addition to having a fantastic oncology department, the hospital also conducts breast cancer awareness programs in order to increase awareness among women and reduce the social stigma associated with breast cancer in India.
Treatment done: Orthopedics
My experience was very good in every service offered by the hospital, specially services in comparison of other hospitals. Very good Infrastructure & Staff is very cooperative with patients & their family members.
Treatment done: Gynaecology
We are grateful for all you did to make our dream become a reality! We thank you for going the extra mile to coordinate everything.
Treatment done: Urology
We want to thank you again for everything you did for us through this journey - your caring and kindness, your professionalism and support.
Neha Singh Bhati
Treatment done: Gynaecology
I would like to express my deepest appreciation to Dr. Bindu Garg and his team for creating a pleasant and friendly atmosphere for their patients. And, I would like to encourage those women who are stressed by their inabililty to have a baby.