What are Minimally Invasive Surgeries or MIS?
Minimally invasive spinal surgeries are generally performed to stabilize and immobilize the vertebral bones and spinal joints, thereby reducing the pressure being applied on the spinal nerves to reduce patient’s pain in debilitating conditions such as spinal instability, bone spurs, herniated discs, scoliosis or spinal tumors.
What are the benefits of minimally invasive surgeries?
- Procedure is much faster, safer and reduces the healing time of the patient
- A small incision is required, which causes very little trauma to the hard and soft tissues surrounding the incision
- There is very little bleeding
- Almost no cosmetic injury
- Does not cause muscle injuries
- Low chances of infection
- Faster recovery
- Less rehabilitation time
Conditions requiring Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Spinal Surgeries
Minimally invasive endoscopic spinal surgeries are used to treat the following diseases:-
- Herniated disc
- Spinal instability including spondylolisthesis
- Spinal tumors
- Spinal deformities such as scoliosis
- Degenerative disc disease
- Vertebral compression fractures
- Spinal infections
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
Common MIS Endoscopic Spinal Surgery Treatment Application
Some of the most common applications of the procedure are:-
- Discectomy: In case of spinal hernia, instead of a long complicated extensive surgery, treatment can be easily done by trimming or removing the herniated disc by using tubular dilators along with a microscope or dilators. This also protects the spinal discs from rupturing.
- Spinal Decompression: This is done to correct spinal stenosis to reduce pain, numbness and muscle weakness. It can be done minimally invasively using tubular dilators and an endoscope or microscope or by performing a laminectomy or foraminotomy.
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF): This is performed in patients suffering from refractory mechanical low back and radicular pain associated with spondylolisthesis, degenerative disc disease and recurrent disc herniation by placing screws and rods through the front.
Why come to Neelkanth Hospital?
Neelkanth Hospital has a very eminent and detailed neurosurgery department that is equipped with special equipment to perform a wide range of neurological surgical procedures. The hospital, its staff and surgeons are very eminent and experienced. Everyone at the hospital works very hard to provide the best level of care to all the patients. The surgeons are expert at performing spinal surgeries minimally invasively to decrease the chances of patient discomfort. The staff is extremely adept at minimally invasive spinal surgeries. Neelkanth Hospital is the best choice for MIS spinal surgeries in Gurgaon.
Treatment done: Orthopedics
My experience was very good in every service offered by the hospital, specially services in comparison of other hospitals. Very good Infrastructure & Staff is very cooperative with patients & their family members.
Treatment done: Gynaecology
We are grateful for all you did to make our dream become a reality! We thank you for going the extra mile to coordinate everything.
Treatment done: Urology
We want to thank you again for everything you did for us through this journey - your caring and kindness, your professionalism and support.
Neha Singh Bhati
Treatment done: Gynaecology
I would like to express my deepest appreciation to Dr. Bindu Garg and his team for creating a pleasant and friendly atmosphere for their patients. And, I would like to encourage those women who are stressed by their inabililty to have a baby.