What is hernia?
A hernia is a medical condition that happens when an internal part of the body forces through a weakness in the muscle or surrounding tissue wall. In some cases, the hernia does not show any symptoms or sometimes only a few symptoms, although the affected individual can experience swelling or lump in their tummy (abdomen) or groin area.
This lump caused by a hernia can often be pushed back in or sometimes disappear once the person lies down. Force full activities like coughing or straining may cause the lump to appear again.
Type of Hernia conditions:
Inguinal hernia occurs when fatty tissue or a part of the bowel pushes through into the groin area, mostly at the top of the inner thigh. This is the most common type of hernia, and it mainly affects men due to a natural weakness of the muscles in this area. It is usually related to aging or due to repeated strain on the abdomen. About 90% of all groin hernias are inguinal in nature.
Incisional hernia occurs when the intestine pushes through the abdominal wall, frequently at the site of abdominal surgery performed previously. This condition affects old people or overweight people who are inactive after surgery of the abdomen area.
Femoral hernia is more are common in women, especially pregnant or obese females, due to their wider bone structure
These types of hernia occur when part of the small intestine passes through the abdominal wall near the navel. Common in newborns, it also commonly affects obese females or those who have multiple pregnancies.
In this condition, some part of the stomach pushes up into the chest by squeezing through an opening in the diaphragm. This type of condition may not show any noticeable symptoms, but it can cause heartburn.
This occurs when fat tissue pushes through the abdomen area and affects the body area above the navel and below the area of the sternum.
This occurs when organs in the abdomen move into the chest through an opening in the diaphragm. This condition mostly affects babies whose diaphragms don't develop properly in the mother's womb, but it can also affect adults.
This occurs when part of a muscle pushes through the abdomen. This mostly occurs in leg muscles due to sports injuries.
Factors that cause a hernia:
Some common causes of muscle weakness or strain that cause hernia are:
- Congenital condition in small babies that does not cause the formation of the diaphragm
- Injury or surgery
- Chronic coughing
- Strenuous exercise or heavy weight lifting
- Pregnancy and multiple pregnancies
- Constipation or straining during bowel movement
- Being overweight or obese
Factors that increase the risk of developing a hernia:
- Family history of hernia
- Old age
- Pregnancy phase
- Chronic constipation
- Cystic fibrosis and coughing problems
- Smoking and alcohol consumption
Symptoms become worse after taking meals or when lying flat and resolve when one is sitting up or walking. Symptoms include:
- Chest pain or burning-like sensation in the heart
- Water brash due to reverse peristalsis.
- Umbilical hernia symptoms:
- Bulge, which is tender, swollen, or discolored
- Pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen when one performs activities like bending, coughing, or weight lifting
- Weakness or feeling heavy in the abdomen area
- Ache like sensation in the area when a bulge appears
- Firmer and tender hernia
Strangulated hernia and obstructed bowel movements are a sign of medical emergency and in such a case, immediate consultation and treatment from an expert is required.
How is hernia treated?
- Truss: The patient is also asked to wear a truss to ease the symptoms of a hernia. This is a type of supportive undergarment that carries the hernia in-situ. The patient may use a truss after consulting a doctor so that it fits properly before using it.
- In hiatal or stomach hernia, over-the-counter and some prescription medications are prescribed to reduce the release of stomach acid and help relieve discomfort and improve symptoms in the patient.
- Surgical Treatment: The repair through surgery is the most effective treatment for correcting hernia. The need to undergo surgery also depends on the size and severity of the hernia symptoms in an individual.
- Open surgery: Open surgery involves repairing and closing the hernia using sutures. Then the surgical cut is sealed with sutures, staples, or surgical glue. This helps to make the skin or inside muscles stringer that prevent the protruding of the internal body organ.
- Keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery: It is a less invasive treatment and must be performed by an expert. Several smaller cuts are made that help the surgeon to perform the surgery. It uses various special instruments to repair the hernia. The stomach is filled with carbon dioxide gas that improves visualization and space, and the whole surgery is performed under general anesthetic. Surgical repair of a hernia guided by a laparoscope offers faster recovery because of small incisions.
One can go home on the same day or day after surgery and full recovery can take place within a few weeks.
Why choose Neelkanth Hospital for Hernia treatment in Gurgaon?
Neelkanth Hospital is a multispecialty hospital in Gurgaon with one of the best surgical teams in Gurgaon. We use highly advanced technology to provide world-class treatment to all our patients.
For more information, contact Neelkanth Hospital for the best hernia treatment in Gurgaon.
A hernia usually does not go away without surgery. Non-surgical approaches such as wearing a corset, binder, or truss can place gentle pressure on the hernia and hold it in place. These methods can reduce pain or discomfort and can be used if you are not fit for surgery or are awaiting surgery. Consult Neelkanth for the decent cost of hernia treatment in Gurgaon.
The hernia is found and isolated from the surrounding tissues. The hernia is either removed or gently pressed back into your abdomen. Your weaker abdominal muscles are then stitched shut by the surgeon.
Neelkanth hospital is the best hospital for hernia treatment in gurgaon.
The cost of hernia procedures varies based on the facility, the type of procedure (open or laparoscopic), the size of the hernias, and the affected area. Open surgeries, on the other hand, cost between INR 18,000 and INR 30,000.
Neelkanth hospital offer the best hernia doctor in gurgaon.
The minimum Hernia Cost in gurgaon is 18,000.
Neelkanth is the best hospital for hernia treatment in Gurgaon that I have visited. They operated my mother-in-law’s for hernia problem in an amicable way that made us feel comfortable and always available for all concerns. Most caring and supportive doctors have a good experience. I would definitely like to recommend the best hernia treatment in Gurgaon.
It's been almost more than 10 days since my brother went through umbilical hernia surgery. He is feeling much better now. I must say Neelkanth has skilled and professional doctor, and also they offer the best cost of hernia treatment in Gurgaon.
I enjoy the hospital a lot, and the personnel is fantastic. They are always cooperative with us and provide excellent care to my patient. I will tell other patients about hernia treatment in gurgaon at neelkanth hospital and encourage them to come here for treatment. Doctors are excellent.
My overall impressions about Neelkanth Hospital the best hospital for hernia treatment in gurgaon. Every member of the staff I encountered, including reception, admissions, nurses, physicians, catering, and other departments, was exceptional. Thank you for taking such good care of me. The hospital is well-organized, and patients are treated with respect and dignity. The staff is friendly and helpful.
Throughout our stay at the hospital, we received exceptional care from all of the personnel. They were really beneficial in all aspects of the treatment. Thank you to everyone at Neelkanth Hospital for offering me the most affordable cost of hernia treatment in gurgaon.
The hospital is of the highest quality, comparable to a five-star hotel. Being sick in here would be a dream come true. I don't think I'd want to go to another hospital after this one since anything else would be second-rate, and they provided the best care Hernia Cost in gurgaon.
Neha Singh Bhati
I received good and timely care from the hospital. The staff are highly attentive, and the patients usually have ample food and service. This hospital is one that I would suggest and you will get the hernia doctor in gurgaon.