What are kidney stones?
Kidneys are one of the most important organs in the human body that filter out the waste and fluid from the blood and make urine. Sometimes, due to the lack of fluid in the blood, waste builds up in the kidneys and sticks together to form clumps that are termed as kidney stones. A stone is a hard crystalline mineral material that is present with the urinary tract or the kidneys. The medical term for kidney stones is nephrolithiasis.
What are the symptoms of kidney stones?
Small kidney stones move through the urinary tract and expel themselves without causing any symptoms. Large kidney stones may cause the following symptoms-
- Pain in the back or lower abdomen area
- Urine that smells bad or looks cloudy
- A burning feeling when you urinate
- Pain while urinating
- Blood in the urine
If one is suffering from these symptoms, it is important to contact a doctor to diagnose the condition and start their treatment as soon as possible.
Causes Of Kidney Stones
Kidney stones can occur to anyone at any age. Men are more prone to get kidney stones than women. Causes of kidney stones are:-
- Family or medical history of kidney stones
- Insufficient water consumption
- Diet rich in proteins, sodium, and sugar.
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Diuretics and calcium-based antacids consumption
- Unhealthy diet and lifestyle
Tips that help prevent kidney stones
- Drink enough amounts water and fluids
- Limit the consumption of sodium, protein (meat, eggs) in the diet
- Perform routine physical activities
- One should never start or stop any treatment without the doctor's consultation
What increases the risk of getting kidney stones
- Medical conditions such as gout, diabetes and high blood pressure
- People who consume too many dietary supplements
- People with inflammatory bowel diseas
If one experiences severe pain in their tummy or one side of their back that comes and goes suddenly, it signifies passing a kidney stone
How are kidney stones treated?
- Small kidney stones can pass through the urinary tract on their own. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water to produce a large amount of urine to help pass out the stones.
- Sometimes patients may need over-the-counter pain medicines for pain management.
- Certain medications are provided to prevent stones from forming, and it also helps in the breakdown and removes the material that is the causative agent for forming a stone.
- Surgery is performed in cases where the stone is too large, growing, causing pain, blocking the flow of urine, and causing kidney damage.
- Non-invasive kidney stone removal treatment or Lithotripsy uses sound and shock waves to break the stones into tiny fragments. The treatment removes stones that are slightly smaller than one and a half inches and are located in the ureter or the kidneys.
- The Ureteroscopy method is used to remove the stone from the lower urinary tract, and it uses lasers to break the stone.
- Another surgery is nephrolithotomy; it is performed when other procedures do not offer successful results.
If one does not get the kidney stones treatment at the time, then one may be at increased risk of getting Urinary tract infection and kidney damage or scarring, and sometimes the stone also causes the obstruction of the ureter.
Why choose Neelkanth Hospitals Private Limited for Kidney Stone Removal Treatment in Gurgaon?
Neelkanth Hospital is one of the best hospitals in Gurgaon that offers the best treatment and surgery for kidney stones using minimally invasive techniques. We have a team of expert nephrologists and urologists at Neelkanth who can accurately diagnose and treat kidney stones and their underlying conditions.
To know more, book an appointment at Neelkanth Hospital.
Common symptoms of kidney stones include sharp, spasm pain in the back and arms. This feeling often goes to the lower abdomen or waist. The pain often starts suddenly and comes in waves. It can come and go as the body tries to get rid of the stone. For taking the best consultancy and to get the best cost of kidney stones treatment in Gurgaon visit Neelkanth hospital once.
Yes, Neelkanth hospital provied the kidney stones treatment in gurgaon.
Costs in the range of Rs. 45,000 - 60,000 depending on the category of room chosen by you.
Neelkanth hospital is best becuase the service provided by the hospital team.
Neelkanth hospital is one of the best hospitals for kidney stones in Gurgaon. As my grandfather is suffering from a kidney stone we visited many doctors but nothing helped me out and the problem remains the same but after some time my neighbor suggested that I visit Neelkanth hospital for kidney stones treatment in Gurgaon. I visited the hospital and met the doctor. I must say that Neelkanth hospital is having a perfectionist doctor and no one is money minded here. They understand your financial situation and offer you relevant costs of kidney stone treatment in Gurgaon. They cured all the problems and now my grandfather is free from all pain.
Neelkanth hospital was recommended to me by a friend for kidney stone treatment in gurgaon, and this service is genuinely important; we are eternally grateful. thank you to the entire team at Neelkanth Hospital for giving me with such excellent care.
I recently experienced the best service at Neelkanth Hospital, where the doctors listened carefully to my problem and selected the best expert for me. This is fantastic. Definitely worth a visit, and the hostel is really affordable I got the best cost of kidney stones treatment in gurgaon.
The treatment I received at Neelkanth Hospital was really swift, and all of the doctors and staff were incredibly cooperative and eager to help me with any problems I had. They have a really positive attitude, and there is no doubt that this is the best hospital for kidney stones in gurgaon.