Get the Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Treatment in Gurgaon
Laparoscopic Hysterectomy is a popularly performed procedure in Gurgaon at Neelkanth Hospital Private Limited by expert surgeons for removing the uterus due to uterine prolapse or fibroids present in the uterus. The ovaries and the fallopian tubes may also be removed. The hysterectomy is performed if there is pain, cancer, or any other chronic diseases occur in the uterus. After a hysterectomy, a woman is unable to get pregnant and does not have menstrual cycles.
Types of Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
The surgery can be complete or partial removal of some part of the uterus depending upon the causes or affected organ. There are three types of hysterectomy procedures-
Supracervical hysterectomy- It is used to remove only the upper part of the uterus and leave the cervix intact.
Total hysterectomy- It is used to remove the complete uterus and cervix.
Radical hysterectomy- This surgery is performed to remove the organs like the uterus, cervix, and upper part of the vagina. It is performed when there is cancer present in the uterus.
Why is laparoscopic hysterectomy surgery performed?
There are various reasons to perform a hysterectomy. Such as-
- Presence of uterine fibroids that might cause pain and bleeding.
- The occurrence of cancer in the uterus, ovary, or the fallopian tube.
- Pain in the pelvic region.
- Vaginal bleeding.
- Endometriosis is a disorder in which the uterus' inner lining grows outside of the uterine lining and causes pain and bleeding.
- Uterine prolapse, an ailment in which the uterus glides into the vaginal canal.
How is the Laparoscopic Hysterectomy performed?
Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive technique that does not require any large incision. It is a quick procedure and is not infectious. The hysterectomy can also be done by laparoscopic procedure and has a short recovery time. In this procedure, three or more incisions are made into your lower abdomen, and then a long tube called a laparoscope containing a camera and a light source is inserted through one of the incisions. The camera transmits the pictures of the inside of your abdomen to a video screen.
Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Procedure In Detail
- General anesthesia is given to the patient to make them fall asleep during the entire procedure. A tube is then placed in the throat connected to the ventilator to help the patient breathe.
- Two or three small incisions are made near the belly button. From this incision, a small device called a port is inserted. This port creates a route for the filling of carbon-dioxide gas into the abdomen. The gas inflates the abdomen and aids in the clear visibility of the organs.
- Then the camera is inserted through one of the incisions. The camera helps the surgeon to perform surgery easily while looking at the television monitor.
- Other tools required for the operation are inserted through other cuts by looking at the video screen.
- As the surgeon finds the uterus, they will cut the uterus into small pieces and remove its pieces one by one from one of the incisions.
- After the removal of the uterus, the surgeon then also releases air from the abdomen.
- Then, the cuts are closed with the aid of stapling devices, sutures, and stitches. The stitches will dissolve on their own.
How to prepare for Laparoscopic Hysterectomy?
For laparoscopic hysterectomy, one has to undergo some tests (blood tests, physical examination, and medical history) and checkups beforehand to ensure that one is healthy enough to undergo surgery.
The doctor will give you some instructions that you need to follow before the surgery.
- Avoid consuming blood-thinning medications.
- Do not eat or drink before four to eight hours of the surgery. It is because the food might enter the lungs and can cause other complications.
Ideal candidate for Laparoscopic Hysterectomy surgery
- The laparoscopic technique is a fast procedure, but it is not suitable for everyone. Here are some points to check if one is the right candidate or not.
- Obesity- If one is overweight, and then laparoscopy is not an ideal option.
- Size of the uterus- It is also a major criterion to check if laparoscopy is suitable for you or not.
- If the size of the uterus is more than 4 months of pregnancy, then one is not the right candidate for the minimally invasive procedure.
- If one has multiple operations in the lower abdomen, then such females are also not the right candidate for laparoscopy.
- Before choosing any type of surgery option, discuss the above-mentioned complications with the surgeon.
What happens after surgery?
- After the completion of the surgery, one can go home on the same day or 24 hours after the surgery.
- A drainage tube is placed into the urinary bladder for 24 hours after the surgery.
- Vaginal bleeding for one to two weeks can occur after the operation. It is the flow of old blood or fluid. It looks like a period and has a red or brown color.
- One can also experience pain in the lower abdomen for a few days after the surgery. The doctor may prescribe some painkillers to relieve the pain.
- It can take up to four weeks to recover after the surgery.
- Do not perform high-impact activities, such as jumping, running, sit-ups right after the surgery.
- Do not use tampons for 8 to 12 weeks against vaginal bleeding as they can increase the risk of infection. Use sanitary napkins as protection.
- Try to avoid sexual intercourse for at least 12 weeks after the surgery. It can lead to complications.
Advantage of undergoing laparoscopic hysterectomy surgery
There are numerous advantages of laparoscopic techniques over surgical procedure-
- It requires only a small incision of about 3-5mm inch
- There is less blood loss during this procedure
- There is no scarring and less operational pain
- It only required a patient to stay for 2-3 days in hospital after the surgery
- The recovery period is 2-3 weeks lesser than operational surgery
- The risk of infection is very low as compared to abdominal hysterectomy because the incision is small.
Why choose Neelkanth Hospitals Private Limited for Laparoscopic Hysterectomy treatment in Gurgaon?
- Familiar and hygienic area
- Provide the best of everything
- Latest technology
- Most affordable treatment
- Highly experienced clinical and medical staff
- Affordable treatment
- Enhanced recovery
- Proper follow-up
- Sanitized rooms
- Follow international protocol
- Top class treatment and surgery
- Treatment provided by the best obstetrician-gynecologists in Gurgaon.
In most cases, you will be hospitalized on the day of your operation. You may be able to go home within 24 hours or, depending on your circumstances, you may need to stay in the best hospital for Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Treatment in Gurgaon for one to three days.
Neelkanth is the best hospital for Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Treatment in Gurgaon. Help me in laparoscopic hysterectomy surgery and doctor always keeps in contact with their patients, which shows how much they cares for his patients. Thanks to Neelkanth hospital Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Treatment in Gurgaon and his entire team. All team available 24*7 & quick response.A big thank u to every member of the team.
Recently my father got operated on. He is very satisfied and jovial. He had a great time in Neelkanth hospital, very generous, kind and one of the best non minded doctors they offer the best cost of Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Treatment in Gurgaon. Honoured that you helped my father through his suffering. I would like to express my deep gratitude for your support.
My experience was very good in every service offered by the hospital, specially services in comparison of other hospitals. Very good Infrastructure & Staff is very cooperative with patients & their family members.
We are grateful for all you did to make our dream become a reality! We thank you for going the extra mile to coordinate everything.
We want to thank you again for everything you did for us through this journey - your caring and kindness, your professionalism and support.
Neha Singh Bhati
I would like to express my deepest appreciation to Dr. Bindu Garg and his team for creating a pleasant and friendly atmosphere for their patients. And, I would like to encourage those women who are stressed by their inabililty to have a baby.